Thursday, September 13, 2007

Whew!

School is back in session which means I have been spending nearly all of my time trying to stay at least one step ahead of my 27 first grade students. This hasn't left much time for blogging as you can imagine. My apologies.

Brent just spent the last week in seclusion. O.K., not really. I just never get to use that word. He was testing a skin lotion at PRACS while I suffered the first week of first grade on my own.
There really are no words to describe what that first day of first grade is like. Maybe this visual will help...

http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/nl/nlimages/frazzled_girl.jpg

Anyway, I love reading all your blogs, so I promise to be more faithful about reading and writing (and rithmatic too).

5 comments:

djrogness said...

Love, love, LOVE the picture! It PERFECTLY describes the first day! Hope your weeks go well and you're able to keep up!

Candis Berge said...

Oh, you are too funny!

Glad to see the new post, though!

Henrik and Carrie said...

You found my glasses!!! I've been looking for those!! Just check for the super glue holding the lens in and you'll know for sure that they are mine.

thanks so much!
carrie

Brooke said...

I can only imagine how busy you are, and it still probably wouldn't match how you feel! I love the picture! I'm sure your students will love you! How couldn't they!

Unknown said...

Hey cousin Jennifer - remember me? I think the last time we saw each other, you were about 14. :) My how times change.

FIrst grade, huh? I have a daughter who just started first grade this year. I can only imagine what you poor teachers go through that first day/week of school. Yikes!

I read Carrie and Michaels blogs pretty regularly so thought I would check in on yours as well. I have one too. www.dayleedose.blogspot.com although I have been TERRIBLE about posting lately.

Hope you're well. Take care.